D&D 3.5 Savage Tide Player's Guide
THE SAVAGE TIDE RISES!
The first savage tide has already touched the mortal world, yet none who live today recall this terrible time of red ruin. It swept over an ancient city, transforming beggar and noble, merchant and thief, resident and visitor, one and all into feral, ravenous fiends. What took the ancients hundreds of years to build came crumbling down in a matter of days. When the final ripples of the tide faded, only ruins remained.
Now, after a thousand years, the hidden architect of the Savage Tide gazes upon new targets. This time, the doom will not be limited to one hapless city. This time, all of civilization is perched on the shore, blissfully ignorant of what the tide is about to bring in.
The Savage Tide Adventure Path is a complete campaign featured over the course of a year in Dungeon, running from issue #139 to issue #150, that will take your PCs from their lowly beginnings at 1st level to the lofty heights of 20th, and possibly beyond. It all begins in the exotic port city of Sasserine, detailed in this booklet.
The Savage Tide Player's Guide includes:
- a full-color map of Sasserine
- 14 pages breaking down the city's seven districts, offering details on each
- a key to all shops, taverns, inns, shrines and other places of note
- important NPCs for each section
- "District Feats," which work a little like Regional Feats; they're feats you take if your character is from Sasserine, and are tailored to be useful at various points throughout the Savage Tide Adventure Path
- tips for generating characters for the campaign
- notes on how the city watch behaves in each district
- rules for purchasing exotic animals like shocker lizards and dire bats
- notes on the black market, the arena and a few other points of interest in Sasserine
- a brief history of the city
- notes on six affiliations PCs might want to join during the campaign
The Savage Tide begins here! Will your characters stand upon its shore and protect the civilized world? Or will they succumb to its rising waters of ruinous rage?