A necrostruct is a once-living and artificially created creature animated by spiritual or supernatural forces. Necrostructs are created by encasing a recently dead body within a suit of specially prepared armor. The corpse is then infused with negative energy, creating a unique form of undead creature which is permanently trapped inside the ornate armored shell which it must use to fight and move. The elaborate process of creating a necrostruct binds this undead force to the specially prepared armor, resulting in a single, unified being that is both undead and construct. The first necrostructs are said to have been created many centuries ago by a powerful but crazed mystic theurge with an odd, twisted sense of self loathing.
Many sages believe that it is because of this twisted self loathing that all necrostructs possess a powerful urge to seek out and destroy magic when they are created.
This product includes:
- Statistics, abilities and rules for a Lesser Necrostruct (CR 7)
- Statistics, abilities and rules for a Necrostruct (CR 10)
- Statistics, abilities and rules for a Greater Necrostruct (CR 13)
- Necrostruct Miniature Counters
- Initiative and Monster Cards
- a Combat & Initiative Tracker