Pathfinder Adventure Path #1: Burnt Offerings (Rise of the Runelords 1 of 6; d20/OGL)
We Be Goblins—You Be Food!
The Rise of the Runelords Adventure Path begins here, in the small coastal town of Sandpoint. Five years after a tragic fire and spate of brutal murders, the people of Sandpoint eagerly anticipate the Swallowtail Festival to commemorate the consecration of the town's new temple. At the height of the ceremony, disaster strikes!
In the days that follow, a sinister shadow settles over Sandpoint. Rumors of goblin armies and wrathful monsters in forgotten ruins have set the populace on edge. As Sandpoint's newest heroes, the PCs must deal with treachery, goblins, and the rising threat of a forgotten empire whose cruel and despotic rulers might not be as dead as history records.
This volume of Pathfinder Adventure Path launches the Rise of the Runelords Adventure Path and includes:
- "Burnt Offerings," and adventure for 1st-level characters by James Jacobs.
- An exploration of your PCs' new hometown of Sandpoint, by James Jacobs.
- A history of the ancient empire of Thassilon, by Wolfgang Baur.
- The first installment of the Pathfinder's Journal, by Erik Mona.
- Six new monsters by James Jacobs, Richard Pett, and F. Wesley Schneider.