Pathfinder Adventure Path #63: The Asylum Stone (Shattered Star 3 of 6; PFRPG)
Chapter 3: "The Asylum Stone"
by James L. Sutter
The search for the Shattered Star leads the PCs to Kaer Maga, the legendary cliff-top city of criminals, refugees, and anyone else seeking to vanish into its cluttered streets. Enlisted to rescue a troll prophet from a mad artificer’s hanging mansion, the PCs soon find themselves delving into the notorious Undercity. Here they must battle their way through a lost runelord laboratory before finally entering the mysterious cavern realm of the Dark Forest, where an ancient evil has guarded a lost shard for millennia. Can the PCs recover the shard from its unholy guardians and continue their quest, or will they simply be the latest souls lost to the City of Strangers?
This volume of Pathfinder Adventure Path continues the Shattered Star Adventure Path and includes:
- “The Asylum Stone,” a Pathfinder RPG adventure for 8th-level characters, by James L. Sutter
- An overview of several prominent gangs in Kaer Maga, and how they can expand the adventure, by James L. Sutter
- New missions and adventure hooks for PCs spending time in Magnimar, by Jim Groves
- Pirates and wererats in the Pathfinder’s Journal, by Bill Ward
- Four new monsters, by Shaun Hocking, Jason Klimchok, and James L. Sutter
Each monthly full-color softcover Pathfinder Adventure Path volume contains an in-depth adventure scenario, stats for several new monsters, and support articles meant to give Game Masters additional material to expand their campaign. Pathfinder Adventure Path volumes use the Open Game License and work with both the Pathfinder RPG and the world’s oldest fantasy RPG.