Hot on the Trail of Adventure!
It's not easy being green, and, even more than druids, rangers suffer from a split personality in Pathfinder. Somewhere between fighters and druids, with more than a dash of rogue, it can sometimes be hard to say what being a ranger is all about, other than that they're in touch with the wilderness…except, of course, when they happen to be bounty hunters, trappers, or just plain expert archers.
A Necromancer's Grimoire: Bounty of the Ranger is a celebration of the ranger class. From prestige classes, to archetypes, to new feats, there's something in here for everyone, whether you have a ranger character or not (and by the time we're done, you'll certainly want one). Here are just a few things you'll find:
- The ace marksman prestige class, which specializes in archery and produces incredibly accurate, deadly archers.
- The inexorable stalker prestige class, members of which can find anyone, anywhere, and even follow tracks through a teleport or planeshift spell.
- The landbond shifter, who leaves humanity behind to become an animal permanently, but shifts from one species to the next depending on where he roams.
- The pack lord archetype for rangers, which grants an entire pack of animal companions.
- The greenstalker sniper archetype for rangers, a ranged specialist that focuses on careful aim and well-planned ambushes.
- The nature's voice archetype for rangers, which strikes a closer balance between martial prowess and spellcasting ability.
- The twin blade marauder archetype for rangers, whose members are capable of doing things with two weapons that others can only dream of.
- Five all new archetypes for "ranger-adjacent" classes such as fighter, druid, and rogue, which help them get a taste of being a ranger.
- 25 new feats for characters of all types, including new feats for a wide variety of ranger combat styles.