Bite Me! Playing Lycanthropes - Your Definitive Lycanthrope Guide
Bite Me! Playing Lycanthropes presents rules and advice for playing natural and afflicted lycanthropes in the Pathfinder system, as well as a new and customizable natural shapeshifting race balanced against other advanced races, all written and designed by two-time Ennie-nominee, Robert H. Hudson, Jr.
Everyone knows the story about the character that failed their saving throw and contracted lycanthropy, messing the whole game up. That's because they didn't have this book to help them! Written for players and GMs alike, this is the definitive work on the issues involved in playing and GM'ing for someone who howls at the moon, and how to work with them to create characters and storylines that mean when you tell your story about the guy that contracted lycanthropy.
The response will be 'Cool!' instead of 'Oh man, I'm so sorry!'
A new race for your Pathfinder RPG campaign, natural lycanthropes, offer players and GMs a way to bring lycanthropes into their campaigns from the start without overshadowing other races, and the extensive discussion of potential issues and ways to handle them will help make games involving lycanthropes easy to run and play.
What You get with Bite Me! Playing Lycanthropes
Within the pages of Bite Me! Playing Lycanthropes you'll find:
- A look at natural lycanthrope society, relations with other encountered races, a discussion of alignment and religion, naming conventions for the race, and reasons they go adventuring.
- An advanced race that allows you to play as a natural lycanthrope of virtually any animal species, plus alternate racial traits, subtypes, and feats that allow for further customization of natural lycanthrope characters.
- Race-specific favored class options for all player-oriented core and base classes to allow further customization when gaining new levels besides a simple hit point or a skill point.
- A lengthy, detailed discussion of the issues involved in Playing Lycanthropes natural or afflicted and how to work with your GM and fellow players to make playing one a memorable, fun experience for all involved.
- A detailed discussion of the issues involved in running a game where one or more of the players is a lycanthrope afflicted or natural and how to work with your shapeshifter players to keep your game on track, your sanity intact, and make certain that everyone remembers the campaign for years to come in a good way.
- A pair of sample characters showing you the wide range of options available to natural lycanthropes, complete with plot seeds to allow GMs to insert them into a game with ease.
Pick up a copy of Bite Me! Playing Lycanthropes, and get your shift together!