Description Cards - Storytellers Deck - Environments Excerpt
It’s important to give your audience (readers or fellow gamers) a sense of place. That is, a landscape they can identify with and/or visualize. The difficultly here is placing a feature, a moment or a mark on the landscape that's memorable and (more importantly) indigenous to the landscape. This is exactly what these cards provide--distinguishable moments, marks and features of the following landscapes:
- Swamps Mountains Deserts/Plains and Forests
- Thoughtful descriptions of sights smells, sounds and sensations from mountains, swamps, deserts and forests.
This storytelling tool:
- ...offers writing examples to add depth and drama to your story.
- ...is for Tabletop Gamers and Gamemasters who wish to keep their landscapes fresh or give a special place a special identifying feature which the players will remember.
- ...can tip your essay, blog, novel or gaming table from good to great!
- ...allows you to flip through the cards at random to inspire new plot twists and dungeon features.
- ...is written for any genre.
- ...is system neutral and super flexible.
- ...is both a reference and a brainstorming tool.
- ...is chock-full of sights smells, sounds and sensations.
Conflict Games PDFs all contain the following features:
- Indexed: PDF contains a full Index for the entire suite of cards.
- Searchable: PDF is not just images of the cards, but contains fully searchable text
- Selectable: Each Action word and Description can be selected, highlighted or copied out of the PDF.
- High Resolution: Our PDFs are always print-resolution.
- Layered PDF: There are some decorative items within the presentation of the cards which you can choose not to print by un-selecting the adobe layer.
- Cut-lines: The PDF is designed for you to cut out the cards from your printed 8 1/2 x 11 sheet. Therefore we provide cut-lines to help you line up your scissors or cutting board.
Blank Cards: The background images of all the cards are provided with the PDF. This allows you to print out blank cards and fill in your own Action Words, Descriptions or Notes.
Try these cards, we think you are going to love them!