Hypercorps 2099 Wasteland: Primer (5E)
Nuclear fire from World War 3 cleansed the surface of the Earth in 1969 but life in this alternate Hypercorps 2099 timeline persists—now, nearly a century and a half later, survivors are exiting their underground shelters to comb the ruins of civilization and fight for a new world. Are you set on staking a claim and defending what’s yours, will you champion justice and battle for what is right, or become one of the mad warlords that rules over the Wasteland?
Hypercorps 2099 Wasteland aims to deliver a means to do all of those things as a campaign source book for Fifth Edition, helping GMs generate their own personal Wastelands with gameplay that reinforces exploration of a procedurally generated world where survival is as important as anything else!
This is a promotional PDF for the Hypercorps 2099: Wasteland Kickstarter, funding from Tuesday November 29th to Sunday December 18th! Please check out the project page and consider making a pledge.
What you’ll find in Hypercorps 2099 Wasteland: Primer:
- Radraider Primal Path - An archetype for barbarians that do not fear radiation but wield it instead, using their rage to turn atomic energy on their foes!
- Wasteland Character Backgrounds - Play as an alien abductee from the past, a lucky escapee from an underground shelter, or a captain from an underground shelter that’s decided the Wasteland offers a brighter future.
- Wasteland Gear - In order to survive the irradiated landscape you’ll want a geiger counter, some iodine pills, and if you can afford it, a lead-lined backpack to keep your food from becoming poisonous.
- Wasteland Skills - You can’t say “mad science” without “science” and you can’t adventure in the Wasteland without a nod to Technology!
- Radiation and Irradiated - Radiation is a vital element of Hypercorps 2099 Wasteland and the rules for atomic energy are included with a new attribute for once you’ve gathered up too much of the stuff in your cells.
- Wasteland Monsters - Brain slugs to take over your mind with the slug-brained template, an irradiated bear (via another template!) because those are just too tough to die out, the dreaded purple people eater, and zombie-like walkers (including short rules for the smart walker player race)!
Hypercorps 2099 is not required for exploring the Wasteland and this is a standalone supplement.