In The Company of Treants (PFRPG)
Get your Groot on, and grow your Treebeard!
You know you’ve always wanted to play a treant, crushing pesky orcs underfoot and casting down wizard’s towers. Now you can, with Rite Publishing’s In the Company of Treants.
Begin as a young near-sapling and grow your treant as you gain in power until you are one of the true giants of the deep woods. This 40-page supplement, written by Jonathan McAnulty, includes all the options you need for an entire treant-centric campaign, including…
- An in-character discussion of who the treants are and what motivates them
- 3 All-new treant races to better customize your treant character
- Alternate racial traits and alternate favored class options
- 12 extensive racial archetypes which allow the treants to grow in size and take advantage of their unique racial abilities. These include:
- The primal forest guardian (barbarian treant) whose rage infuses the trees around him
- The verdant healer (cleric treant) whose touch and draughts bring healing
- The tree master (druid treant) who commands the trees and understands their thoughts
- The woodland tactician (fighter treant) who possesses a great ability to use the forest terrain to his advantage in a fight
- The earthborn treant (kineticist treant) who, though he cannot command trees, can command the elements
- The serene forest master (monk treant) whose understanding of the trees around him is at once both physical and metaphysical
- The prophet of the glade (oracle treant) who can divine portents in the wind and the shadows cast by the leaves. Included are two new mysteries (weather and deep woods) and three treant specific oracle curses (stunted, hollow and fire scarred).
- The woodland stalker (ranger treant) who hunts the woods, aided by both plant and animal allies
- The wald walker (rogue treant) who much prefers to hit his opponents from a safe distance with an unseen rock
- The forest singer (skald treant) whose songs inspire his treant allies and can cause the very trees to move
- The scion of the woods (sorcerer treant) whose connection to the land manifests in arcane powers. Included are two separate treant specific bloodlines (ley-lines and fey woods).
- The verdant scholar (wizard treant) whose long studies and pursuit of knowledge have made him a formidable foe. He is aided by his bonded tree and access to 8 different treant specific discoveries.
- The racial paragon class: the tree shepherd. His focus is on his flocks, and they obey his every command, rising up to fight when he calls them.
- The NPC treant class, the weald warrior, for GMs who want to quickly create treant opponents for their adventures
- Rules for treant aging and guidelines for their height and weight
- 5 new pieces of equipment suitable for treants
- 29 new treant-related feats, including three new combat styles for your treant monks
- Rules for talking living plants into acting as traps for you
- 12 treant magical items and 2 treant artifacts
So come take a walk on the wild side, in the deep forests of the world, and adventure as a Treant.Author: Jonathan McAnulty, Cover Artist: Marek Raku?, Pages: 43