Insta-NPCs #10: Caveat Emptor
So your PCs have gone to the market to pick up some last minute things for their next adventure... Rope, a few extra arrows, some trail rations, and an 11-foot pole when a 10-foot one simply won't do. You could simply say "Ok, that'll be 4 gold, 2 silver, and 3 copper, don't forget to mark them off your character sheet." Or you could offer a richer environment for roleplaying with a marketplace to explore. Imagine haggling with the store clerk over that 11-foot pole's price. "Why's it cost more than a 10-foot pole?" And then the real fun begins...
But without NPCs in the marketplace to interact with, that can get a little dull. That's where Insta-NPCs #10: Caveat Emptor comes in.
Caveat Emptor features include:
- 8 tables offering thousands of unique combinations of buyers and sellers in a marketplace setting
- 15 examples of NPCs created for fantasy, science fiction, and horror genres
- 2 revamped tables showing how to use the product as-is for science fiction as well as fantasy
- 1 worksheet for printing the whole process on a single page to use later
- Nearly 6,000 words of material across 13 pages (10 pages of content)
All in a system-neutral, rules-neutral format for use with all your favorite games!
Caveat can be used for any setting or system. Need a market for a science fiction, fantasy, horror, or western adventure? I bet this will help!
This is the next in a series of short, system-neutral supplements from Moebius Adventures designed to encourage more creative descriptions in your games. Be sure to check out everything else that's available to stimulate your imagination!