As GMs, we create entire worlds, adventures, and characters in broad strokes, leaving the little details to sort themselves out when the time is right. But sometimes the little things need a little nudge.
Little Spaces offers a splash of inspiration for a particular space for just such an emergency.
This supplement offers a collection of 100 creepy effects to throw at your players when you need them. Quietly describing a creaking door at the bottom of the basement stairs, the odd breeze where no wind should be, or that strange shiver when a character stands in a particular spot can leave a lasting impression to haunt players for years to come...
The first 20 items in the table for Little Spaces: Ghostly Effects includes:
- See walls or ceiling bleed
- See chairs move towards/away
- See clock hands spin wildly
- See strange ghostly lights
- Hear the floor creak
- Hear footsteps
- Feel the chills
- See breath in the cold
- Feel breath on neck
- Hear evil laughter
- See doors silently open or close
- See drawers silently open or close
- See pictures fly off the walls
- See ghost wind blow things around room
- See or hear static on TV or radio
- Hear strange knocking on wall or door
- See items disappear and reappear
- Feel bed shake
- See furniture rearrange itself
- See or feel a small fire appear
- and many more
This is the first in a new series of short, system-neutral supplements from Moebius Adventures designed to inspire more creative descriptions in your games.