Magus of the Jade Oath
"Victory without courage is chance. Victory without risk is hollow. Victory without loss is impossible."?-Kung Fu Tse
Far to the East, where the Silk Road leads you will find those who blend the arts of warrior and wizard serving strange local Factions. Such as the Beautiful Silk Tigers a uniquely gifted guild of courtesans who cater to wealthy and powerful clientele in need of bodyguards, assassins, and seers; The Order of the Ashen Dragons whose research methods of containing and using corruption, curses and spellblights; And the Stone Monkey Path a collection of revolutionaries and masked vigilantes. These and many more bring added detail and a sense of immersion to those adventuring in the Lands of the Jade Oath or for use in any campaign set in the exotic Far East.
New magus favored class options for all the new races introduced in Heroes of the Jade Oath such as the Dahren giants, the Mandragoran plant folk, and the accursed Verrik, so you can make even more unique characters. It also introduces new Ofuda and Spells.
You will also find a host of new magus archetypes including
- Curse Eater: so you can play a magus who has conquered a curse and made its power work for you.
- Lantern Warrior: who champion a personal cause, allowing you to take up the role of an errant champion
- Martial Alchemist: who blends alchemy and martial arts so you can play a truly unique mystical warrior.
- Mnemonic Warrior: which allows you to tap into the collective memory of the greatest magi in history, allowing you to play a truly exotic warrior poet.
- Threadcasters: patient spiders who blend in to their environment while appearing to be harmless courtesans or simple maidens awaiting the pleasure of their guests, allowing to truly be a Beautiful Silk Tiger.
- Warrior of Fortune: a truly unique archetype that blends the arts of the magus with the karma of the Far East so you can play a mercenary who drifts on the winds of fate.