Mists of Akuma: Tsukumogami
Mists of Akuma is an eastern fantasy noir steampunk campaign setting for D&D 5th Edition, funding on Kickstarter RIGHT NOW!
Throughout the realms of Soburin are mystical creatures known as tsukumogami. On the 100th birthday of an inanimate object there’s a chance an item’s spirit manifests physically, turning into a monster that treats those around it in accordance with how well it was tended to in its century of use. Sometimes these are benign entities, but the War of Kaiyo and Kengen Occupation have left many mistreated pieces of technology—few seek anything but bloodshed.
In this FREE PDF sample for the Mists of Akuma Kickstarter, you’ll find:
- Information about the important role that tsukumogami play in Mists of Akuma
- Akunomfu: a worn blanket turned into a deadly challenge rating 5 monster
- Chchin-Obake: paper lanterns animated into mysterious challenge rating 1 creatures that haunt Soburin
- Kaiyo Horror: an intelligent monstrous artillery cannon (and challenge rating 10 enemy)
- Kasa-Obake: one of the only tsukumogami that aren’t usually predicated to evil (a challenge rating 2 curiosity)
- A full page map of the continent of Soburin by cartographer Michael McCarthy
If you like Tsukumogami, stop by the Kickstarter page to get the Mists of Akuma: Primer, Imperial Dragons, and Martial Arts Stances, or keep your eyes peeled for them to appear here throughout the month of May!