One Bling to Rule Them All - Scaling Magic Items
Sick of your players throwing away magic items?
There's something wrong when an adventurer explores a tomb, finds a better magic sword, then dumps his old magic sword on a small-town merchant whose hometown's yearly corn exports are worth a mere fraction of the "obsolete" sword's worth. One Bling to Rule Them All - Scaling Magic Items helps to mitigate the "disposable economy" nature of magic items with the introduction of scalars, or magic items that level up as the master does. Featuring five tiers of abilities and a rank system that mimics the ubiquitous talent point system, the scalar is an excellent quest end reward for high fantasy sidequests.
Complete scalar attunement, scalar ability generation, and scalar "hacking" rules are presented herein, as well as a number of flavor-rich suggestions on how to justify their insertion into your game world.
- Over 100 abilities in five tiers covering most common character archetypes
- Rank, or "talent", point system for customization even if two scalars have the same abilities
- Intuitive system makes it easy to make your own abilities
- Ability assignment is done by the Game Master, while rank distribution is done by the player, thus eliminating the worst of powergaming and letting Rule 0 decide how powerful, or weak, a party's scalars will be.
- Compatible with Pathfinder, as well as D&D 3.5.