One Spot #0: Hand's Goods
No matter what system you use for your games, being a game master is a perilous pastime. As soon as the players arrive with their PCs at the ready, your well-formulated plans can go off-the-rails at a moment's notice. If you have somewhere to put the PCs for a bit while you ponder your options, it can smooth things out considerably.
If you're in need of such a location on short notice, One Spot is for you! Each product in the line focuses on a different location you can easily drop into any fantasy town or city. Instantly you have a place with NPCs, descriptive text, plot hooks, and more to give you the tools you need to quickly populate a place your PCs can interact with.
One Spot #0 presents a pawn shop called Hand's Goods, complete with proprietor (the colorful Taylor Hand), store map, images, and more. It's another great tool to include in your bag of GM tricks!
One Spot #0: Hand's Goods offers:
- An introduction, location description, store map, and image of the doorway at the bottom of the stairs.
- A bit of background on Taylor Hand, his mannerisms, and a head shot.
- A suggestion of what items might currently be available for sale.
- Tips on how Mr. Hand could negotiate with the PCs for items or information.
- A table (10 items) of potential encounters to kick things off.
- A list of hooks (4 tables of hints) for how one or more of the PCs may have interacted with the store before.
This is the first in a new series of short, system-neutral supplements from Moebius Adventures designed to provide easy locations to drop into your fantasy campaign, complete with hooks, NPCs, and a few surprises. As the first One Spot product, this one is free of charge to let you get a feel for how the series will work.
Each Moebius Adventures One Spot is designed to be easily inserted into your GM folder with two pages containing:
- Player-ready information, including: a location description providing details on what and who to expect, along with an image or two to help set the scene.
- GM-ready information, including: NPC details, location map, encounter/hook ideas, and a random table to help determine any prior relationship with the place a PC may have.
Each location can then be used independently or together to help you fill a temporary gap or add details to your worlds without a ton of work.
Pick a spot, drop it in, and roll!