Superior Synergy: Fantasy
Superior Synergy: Fantasy
Superior Synergy: Fantasy PFRPG Edition brings the concept of game mechanic synergy back into your favorite fantasy role-playing game system. The idea that some game mechanics (such as skills) are innately compatible with other game mechanics in ways that can influence the game without choosing additional elements (such as feats) to permit their use makes a comeback in a greatly expanded and revised way.
Inside you will find:
- The basis of synergy relationships, Skill Synergy is back and more balanced than ever. Rather than basing the synergy result's outcome on an immutable, flat bonus based on skill ranks, one skill may now add benefits (or detriments) to another skill through the uncertainty of its own separate skill roll. Skill Synergy is no longer a sure thing and may even backfire, but the rewards may be worth the risk.
- Feat Synergy illustrates how some feats naturally complement each other to allow for new effects and abilities via the inherent knowledge, training, or talent they represent. This is done without the need to take yet another feat to allow such a relationship to influence game play.
- Classes do not exist in a vacuum and characters should not be seen as leaving behind knowledge previously learned when they multiclass. Class Synergy introduces ways abilities gained from different classes may interact and evolve together, combining the various areas of expertise the character has acquired towards new results. This adds an entirely new layer of meaning when considering how your character should multiclass.
- Magic Synergy provides a few ways magic can work together to create new effects … intended or not.
- Craft Synergy combines skills, feats, class abilities, and materials to illustrate an understanding that can result in special, non-magical abilities being added to some items.
Despite care being taken to maintain game balance, some players and Gamemasters may still consider the various types of synergy too imbalanced for use in their games. No problem! This product also includes options on including synergy in your game while addressing game balance via limitations and ways to purchase the advantage of synergy game mechanics rather than gaining it automatically.
Updated, clarified, and vastly expanded from the original 3.5 OGL rules release, this latest version also adds over 50 pages of content.
This product includes a complete, fully bookmarked versions and a more print friendly version with backgrounds and cover removed. A print/copy friendly PDF of the reference sheets is also included.