The Noble Wild
A 2008 ENnie Award Nominee!
This exciting book introduces comprehensive rules for playing intelligent animals in a wide variety of game settings and situations. It will be popular with everyone from groups that want to try all-animal or mixed animal/humanoid parties, to players who want to expand the options for their animal companions and familiars, to game masters who are looking for interesting and unexpected foes to run against their players.
Features of this "Animal Player's Handbook" include:
- Statistics for more than 60 playable species of noble animal;
- Modifications and additions to existing classes, skills, and feats appropriate to animal characters;
- A new basic character class, the Greater Familiar;
- Eight new Prestige Classes, including the Man-Eater and War Mount;
- Special rules for the use of magic by animal characters;
- Information on running several different sorts of campaigns, along with guidelines for Modern scenarios;
- Deeds, magical abilities acquired by performing heroic actions;
- Rules for several new types of magical treasures, including Fetishes, Jujus, and Spellthralls;
- Hundreds of illustrations;
- A 24-page set of Noble Animal Spell Lists
- And much more!