The Plaguewright - Lord of the Microscopic
"They are everywhere, crawling upon every surface, living inside every body, and finding a way to feed on everything from carrion to the blood of the mountain itself. They are ubiquitous. They are legion. And I command them."
Harness the collective power of single-celled organisms with the plaguewright base class! Start with a strain, then slowly add mutations as you selectively breed your pathogens and symbiotic microbes to fulfill the precise function you desire. Once you have the mixture you want, inject somebody with it and take note of the results.
Featuring abilities that trigger on injection, after the primary disease effect ends, and even every time the subject fails a saving throw against the strain, the plaguewright can breed thousands of potent pathogens to literally melt faces in that special way that is dearest to his heart.
- Over 80 strains and mutations that can be mixed and matched to make potent cultures
- Class uses both vessels and vials. Vessels allow for multiple injections per day, while vials are numerous, but only allow for one injection per day. Mix and match the bread-and-butter and the situational.
- Innovative beneficial disease system - Make a saving throw each round. If you fail, the effect ends!
- Terminal mutations produce a short-term second disease after the first disease is shrugged off.
- Deliver diseases through syringes, which are effectively strapped to any melee weapon or crossbow with which you are proficient.
- 10 feats that expand vials, allow for cultures with two strains, and even make a disease a poison instead.
- Amusing favored class bonuses. Gnome players will be particularly happy.