The Secrets of the Divine: Death, Justice, Healing, & Madness
Come Explore the Mysteries of Heaven and Earth!
A modular presentation of specific churches that you can easily place in nearly any campaign setting; including information on who these deities are, who worships them, quotes, prayers, special orders to help suspend the disbelief of Players and Game Masters alike.
You will also find out how each church interacts with society, governments, and the everyday lives of folks from all walks of life, but with a primary focus on adventurers so that those interactions can be role-played seamlessly. It also includes local mythology related to the deity making the religion have an actual impact upon campaigns; Manifestations of the deity so you can show through both subtle omens and blessings or the wrath of the gods as well. Each church also gives information on religious holidays to spice up the passage of time in a campaign.
Along with a host of new divine archetypes, domain feats, and other new custom game mechanics to bring The Secrets of the Divine to life!
This product contains:
- Our Mother of Many Ways a chaotic church dedicated to genius & madness along with wine & hedonism.
- Our Queen of Wisdom and Mercy a church for healers, peacemakers, and imprisoning foes.
- Our Reaper of Death and Rebirth a dour deity of the dead, reincarnation, and killing immortals.
- Our Steely Eyed-Judge a lawful church filled with those who seek truth, justice, and retribution.
Its new game mechanics include
- Domain Feats for use with specific Domain powers, to make them even more useful and fun.
- Slayer Talents for those who wish to take their foes alive.
- Joyous Fellowship (Paladin Archetype) become a holy warrior filled with religious euphoria & bliss from which you gain special powers all while playing a hedonistic paladin.
- Queen's Men (Paladin Archetype) Enjoy the role of a holy bodyguard and dedicate yourself to the protection of a singular worthy individual, rather promoting the cause of righteousness in the world at large.
- Harmonious Fist (War Priest Archetype) Leave behind lethal weapons and chose instead to defend yourself, while imprisoning your foes even when you are far away from civilization.
- Ruiners (Fighter Archetype) Seek out and curse immortal and undying foes with curses the like of which will force them to seek their own deaths rather than suffer at your hands.
- Phoenix-Child (Universal Archetype) Return from beyond the grave in a reincarnated form, so that you can seek redemption, and transform into a phoenix to see it done.
- Thief-Taker (Slayer Archetype) bring'em back alive to face justice, or hunt down stolen goods for anyone who can afford your services.