Weekly Wonders - Index of Insanity - New Madnesses
Maladies of the Mind
Madnesses, a new affliction introduced in Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: GameMastery Guide, and refined in Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Horror Adventures, provide a way for GMs to assault a character’s sanity and self-control, in addition to the more physical threats that many adventurers face. There are many kinds of madness, however, and those books sampled only a few. This book presents 10 new madnesses to inflict upon player characters, including the following:
- Blackout rage, which drives characters to fits of uncontrollable violence that they do not recall.
- Crawling pain, a phantom sensation of crawling insects beneath the skin.
- Dwarf greed, an all-consuming lust for material wealth.
- Insomnia, driving characters to remain awake far beyond their body’s limitations.
- Wendigo sickness, a powerful compulsion to consume the flesh of sentient creatures.
- …and many more.