Adventurers fight vampires, either as dime-a-dozen villains or masterminds at the center of sinister plots. But what is it like to be a vampire in a fantasy world, to move through a world where your prey can be as dangerous and cunning as you, and lurks in the shadows which you call home? Transform your campaign with this supplement, compatible with Pathfinder RPG, and explore what it means to be a vampire - to struggle for survival, secrecy, and power in a world that would destroy you if it knew you. Expand on existing campaigns with new content that brings out undead themes in even living characters as well!
Lords of the Night is an 80-page book that includes:
- Expanded worldbuilding on the nature of vampires, how they fit into settings, and how they interact with the living.
- A new vampire template designed for easy use by players and GMs alike.
- Advice and systems for running a vampiric campaign.
- The Alerts system, which tracks a settlement's reaction to a hidden threat from within.
- New archetypes for Barbarian and Paladin that express how undead pursue these paths through eternity.
- Four new prestige classes that enhance the power of undeath, including the enigmatic sussurratore and the terrifying black templar.
- New feats for players looking to enhance or express themes of undeath and secrecy.
- New spells, power, and maneuvers with necromantic and vampiric themes.
- Sample NPCs to speed the process of creating and maintaining a setting's population.
- A sample vampiric society, the Leatherworker's Guild, that can be inserted into a living city in your campaign world.
BONUS! When you choose the Lords of the Night + Ultimate Evil option you get Ultimate Evil, a $5.95 value, as a free EXTRA!
About Ultimate Evil...
Ultimate Evil is a treatise on all forms of evil, most notably those fallen from grace and those who would bring their foul motives to bear upon those too weak to resist them. It is co-authored by noted Pathfinder Roleplaying Game writer Clinton J. Boomer and previous d20pfsrd.com Publishing author Peter K. Ullmann. This vile manuscript provides you with 60+ pages of sick content for evil PCs and NPCs such as:
- Essays on Evil: Thoughts and ideas for optimal and interesting evil NPCs or PCs by Clinton J. Boomer
- Six new evil class archetypes including: Darkwater Spellbinder (Wizard), Traitor to the faith (Ex-Antipaladin/Ex-Paladin), Gateway of Godhood (Summoner), Herald of Godhood (Summoner), Hand of Pestilence (Antipaladin), Vile Virtuoso (Bard)
- Blood Rites: 3 new feats (Vital Witchcraft, Power of the Blood, and Dark Pact) and a magic item (Bloodstone Focus) of interest to classes with the blood pool class feature (such as the blood mage).
- Foul Magic: 13 new spells with an evil bent, such as abyssal body, black bile, lament of addison, river lash, and unforgiving torrent.
- Feats of Wickedness: 26 new feats of general interest to all manner of evil forces, such as Aura of Terror, Come Forth the Crimson Fountain, Eldritch Affliction (Metamagic), Faith of Steely Flesh, Retributive Strike, Undying Rot, and Vile Scourge).
- Monsters of Malice: 2 evil NPCs (a CR 18 graveknight antipaladin and a CR 22 banshee bard) and 5 new monsters including bloodknight and plaguewyrm.
- Oathbreaker Template (CR +0): A template which can be used to create "paladins" of all different alignments.
- A sample of the Surgery and Sanity rules originally created by Legendary Games inThe Mad Doctor's Formulary
This product is packaged in a ZIP file and includes 2 files. The files are identical to each other except that one has embedded internal hyperlinks to the Pathfinder SRD,http://www.d20pfsrd.com.