Strange Magic Expanded - The Elegist
"Human! This so-called 'bling' is sufficiently ostentatious for a man of my caliber. I approve!"
- World-famous composer Sir Alphonse Worthington III, Esq., deceased.
When Strange Magic was first Kickstarted back in 2014, one of its guiding principles was that something big would have to happen in order to get me to expand it. As it turns out, having a Patreon patron dangle a wad of cash in front of my face is a big enough reason.
Interjection Games is proud to present Strange Magic's 10th base class: the elegist! A brand new musical composition class that combines Strange Magic's freeform intro/melodies/outro composition system with a rules-light variant of the medium's ability to commune with and channel the spirits of dead composers, the elegist combines mechanical crunch with class-centric roleplay elements to make a distinctly new experience within the musical composition design space. To paraphrase one of my fans when he was told of this class' development, this is one class you never knew you needed until it was put in front of your face.
- The elegist base class
- 10 composer spirits
- 10+ new compositions
- Favored class bonuses for all core races, some featured races, and Puddlings
- The amplifier archetype (for breakdancers and elegists), which combines rhythm mechanics with composer spirit mechanics; the goal: to make ghosts boogie
- Variant multiclassing rules
- A compatibility guide for the elegist in all Strange Magic composition archetypes
- A complete reprint of the Strange Magic composition book, updated for use with the elegist base class