Subterranean Races: The Puddlings
Even dead gods can dream.
A subterranean race of highly intelligent oozes living in the hulking corpse of their long-dead creator god, the puddlings are as renowned for their unique society and fascinating arcanocrystalline technology as they are for existing at all. Unlike most subterranean races, the puddlings accept outsiders and their stories of the world beyond the corpse of their god with great enthusiasm. Highly cognizant of the fact that other races are much more similar to each other than they are to them, Puddlings go to great lengths to attempt to artificially induce homogeneity between any visitors and themselves, often with humorous results. Their drive for new experiences, even in a geographically constrained existence such as theirs, propels the puddling race forward, inspiring grand adventures and grand invention.
Subterranean Races: The Puddlings introduces the puddling race, their backstory, and everything necessary to add the puddlings to your game as a playtested player race. Features include:
- Racial backstory, a racial plothook, and background for those DMs who want to use them as a burbling wacky wayside tribe rather than a focal point
- A racial obsession regarding hats
- Six alternate racial traits
- Eight racial feats
- One achievement feat for "outsiders" to earn
- Seven items based on puddling natural resources, five alchemical items, and seven magic items, for a total of 19 new items.
- Three new subterranean creatures, including expanded ecology sections that describe how pieces of the subterranean depths interact with each other in a realistic fashion.
- Arcanoplasm - an ooze made from unusable, entropic energy that the puddlings refuse to harvest
- Blindfish - one of the few subterranean denizens that are good to eat and unlikely to eat you back
- Crystallite - elementals containing shattered pieces of the god Aggranius, each with their own sliver of the former god's personality
Subterranean Races: The Puddlings is an OGL-licensed supplement for and The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game.