Terrors of Obsidian Apocalypse: Haunts (PFRPG)
On rare occasions a soul tainted by dread, fear, rage and anger leaves its broken corpse, if it is powerful enough, that soul may return as a ghost, a wraith or some worse form of undead. If it is powerful enough, angry enough…..Souls lacking the metaphysical hardiness to retain their own identity after death may also return to the living as something else, something lesser, a ghostly presence that blurs the line between a magical trap and a true undead. Inside this sourcebook you will find haunts you’ll need to enhance fear and terror in your home and local Obsidian Apocalypse including:
- Creeping Ectoplasm (CR 2) - A minor haunt devoid of any shred of individuality or history,manifesting as a shapeless blob of ectoplasm.
- Doors to Damnation (CR 9) - A soldier guarded this door against overwhelming forces and cursed the invaders with his dying breath when he finally fell.
- Hangman’s Jig (CR 5) - A desperate prisoner was incompetently hanged in this small cell.An echo of his painful death lingers and haunts anyone visiting the room.
- Memory of the Late Mistress (CR 7) - A woman died, choked to death by her jealous lover on this bed, forever tainting it with ghostly malice toward the living.
- Warlock’s Doom (CR 8) - This haunt is the lingering residue of a powerful magician’s final stand—slivers of his spirit and the last spell he ever cast bound together in a volley of destruction unleashed against the world.
Plus nearly 15 more all new haunts.