#1 With a Bullet Point: 5 Hellfire Feats
Sometimes rules supplements read like the world-setting bible of frustrated novelists. While solid world- building is a useful skill, you don't always need four paragraphs of flavor text to tell you swords are cool, magic is power, shadows are scary, and orcs are savage. Sometimes a GM doesn't have time to slog through a page of history for every magic weapon. Sometimes all that's needed are a few cool ideas, with just enough information to use them in a game. Sometimes, all you need are bullet points.
#1 With A Bullet Point is a line of very short, cheap PDFs each of which gives the bare bones of a set of related options. It may be five spells, six feats, eight magic weapon special abilities, or any other short set of related rules we can cram into about a page. Short and simple, these PDFs are for GMs and players who know how to integrate new ideas into their campaigns without any hand-holding, and just need fresh ideas and the rules to support them. No in-character fiction setting the game world. No charts and tables. No sidebars of explanations and optional rules. Just one sentence of explanation for the High Concept of the PDF, then bullet points.
High Concept: Five feats to give characters new ways to access hellfire, the infernal substance that is both a supernatural form of energy (similar to, but not exactly the same as, the mystic fires mortal spellcasters call upon to fuel such spells as burning hands and fireball) and planar material (similar to magic force effects), which was first introduced in The Genius Guide to Hellfire Magic.
The feats included are:
- Burning Vengeance: Your touch of corruption can set the world ablaze.
- Hellfire Channel: You can channel the power of hellfire.
- Hellfire Spell [Metamagic]: You can infuse your spells with the power of hellfire.
- Hellish Assault: Your strong emotions when dealing damage allow you to call on hellfire with your magic weapons.
- Hellish Brute: You can infuse your mutagens with a sliver of the raw power of hellfire.