Heroes of the East 4
Little Red Goblin Games
Heroes of the East 4
The East Just Keeps Getting Better!
So in the tradition of the Heroes of the East line, we are continuing to explore themes, archetypes, and stories from the east. In IV we are focusing on the concept of "honor" (or lack there of) and expressing them as prestige classes. There is a heavy focus on the samurai alternate class and prestige classes that augment it.
Daibushi (Prestige Class): Described as a "priest" of bushido, a daibushi can prohibit certain kind of dishonorable actions within a radius of themselves as long as they abstain from the same sort of actions.
These prohibited actions are based on the Seven Virtues of Bushido.
- Wokou (Prestige Class): Wayward samurai who attempt to dismantle the lifestyle the spiritual warrior have made for themselves, wokou (based on the river pirates) are sort of the "antipaladin" of samurai.
- Swordmaster (Prestige Class): Sometimes a samurai gets lost on the road to enlightenment by going so deep into his study of his martial prowess. Masters of katana without peer, swordmasters often become instructors or champions of clans. They are reminiscent of the duelist prestige class in the way they play but have their own bag of tricks.
- Bancho (Prestige Class): A ki based prestige class that brings a bit of street cred to your game. Bancho use their ki to augment their ego and intimidating aura. Leaders and thugs, these chaotic characters can overwhelm, intimidate, and destroy those foolish enough to stand against them!
- Daitengu (Prestige Class): A mythologically based tengu prestige class that grants tengu characters abilities more like they have in the tales of old.
- Battojutsu (Style Feats): This style focuses on the drawing and sheathing of a sword, giving extra damage on the first attack in a round (if you played the street samurai it has something similar). Eventually a master can use their saya (scabbard) as a deadly weapon.
- Samurai Clans (Racial Traits): These are a series of human alternate racial traits for characters in an eastern setting that plays towards samurai, monks, ninja, and clerics characters.
We are of course backing this up with feat support and lore to boot. We have fantastic artwork by a selection of new artists (seriously- downright gorgeous artwork!).
Bookmarked, hyperlinked, and PDF Optimized
Page Count: 23 (20 content, 1 credits, 1 cover, 1 OGL)
Don't love it? It's backed up by Little Red's 100% Refund Policy!