Sometimes rules supplements read like the world-setting bible of frustrated novelists. While solid world- building is a useful skill, you don’t always need four paragraphs of flavor text to tell you swords are cool, magic is power, shadows are scary, and orcs are savage. Sometimes a GM doesn’t have time to slog through a page of history for every magic weapon. Sometimes all that’s needed are a few cool ideas, with just enough information to use them in a game. Sometimes, all you need are bullet points.
#1 With A Bullet Point is a line of very short, cheap PDFs each of which gives the bare bones of a set of related options. It may be five spells, six feats, eight magic weapon special abilities, or any other short set of related rules we can cram into about a page. Short and simple, these PDFs are for GMs and players who know how to integrate new ideas into their campaigns without any hand-holding, and just need fresh ideas and the rules to support them. No in-character fiction setting the game world. No charts and tables. No sidebars of explanations and optional rules. Just one sentence of explanation for the High Concept of the PDF, then bullet points.
High Concept: New alchemist discoveries for alchemists focusing on bomb-throwing.
- Bombard: You can infuse the ammunition of your allies with the power of your bombs.
- Dye Bomb: Creatures damaged by a dye bomb are marked with a brightly-colored dye that cannot be washed off.
- Elemental Bomb: You can cause any bomb that would normally deal fire damage to instead deal acid, cold, electricity, or shock damage
- Gas Bomb: Gas bombs do not explode, instead they cover an area in thin alchemical gas.
- Glitterbomb: These bombs cover all creatures within its area (including targets of splash damage) in a cloud of golden particles.
- Laughing Gas Bomb: Bombs of this type act as smoke bombs, but deal no hit point damage, but instead cause those exposed to burst into laughter as if affected by a hideous laughter spell.
- Personal Imunity: You take no damage or harmful effects from your own bombs.
- Remote Detonator: You may detonate your delayed bombs with a move action.
- Volatile Bombs: Your bombs are more difficult to resist.