TOS CORE is a FREE excel based Character Sheet that is very powerful. It will allow you to create and manage any 'core' characters and either print them on paper, or play dynamically with them.
Some of its main features include:
- Dynamic Play through the Laptop worksheet (view the Dynamic Play video via Youtube)
- Has a full implementation of the Stacking Rules (read Does It Stack? by Skip Williams)
- Contains all the content from the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook
- Includes all the content from the System Reference Document (3.5 OGL), including the Psionic rules and the Epic rules (exception: the Divine rules)
- Integrates the rules so you can focus on playing, and not adding numbers
- Has a community forum where users can share ideas, suggestions and report issues
- On PC: Modern version of Microsoft Excel
- Macros: Macros are required to run TOS CORE and must be activated
- Does not work on MAC Excel or on clones of Excel
Q) I am unable to create a character. It says that the workbook is "locked"?
A) TOS CORE will allow you to enter information in the appropriate sections only (usually white cells): The protection prevents the formulas from being changed. For examples of usage, check out the tutorials in the Video Library.
Q) What is Dynamic Play?
A) Dynamic Play is when you use TOS CORE during a gaming session. For instance, if your character receives the Haste spell, you can just add it to your character on the LapTop sheet, and ALL the effects of the haste spell will be applied to your character on the fly.
Q) Can this be used on a Tablet/iPad device?
A) TOS CORE requires Microsoft Excel, which is usually not available on tablets. But you can run TOS CORE on your desktop, and remote-login from your tablet to your desktop using an application like TeamViewer, thus allowing you to control TOS CORE remotely on your tablet.
Q) I would like to modify TOS CORE for my own needs. Can i do that?
A) No, you are not permitted to modify the workbook for your own designs. All formulas and code remain the sole property of the author.