#1 With a Bullet Point: 7 Feats for Shamans
Sometimes rules supplements read like the world-setting bible of frustrated novelists. While solid world- building is a useful skill, you don’t always need four paragraphs of flavor text to tell you swords are cool, magic is power, shadows are scary, and orcs are savage. Sometimes a GM doesn’t have time to slog through a page of history for every magic weapon. Sometimes all that’s needed are a few cool ideas, with just enough information to use them in a game. Sometimes, all you need are bullet points.
#1 With A Bullet Point is a line of very short, cheap PDFs each of which gives the bare bones of a set of related options. It may be five spells, six feats, eight magic weapon special abilities, or any other short set of related rules we can cram into about a page. Short and simple, these PDFs are for GMs and players who know how to integrate new ideas into their campaigns without any hand-holding, and just need fresh ideas and the rules to support them. No in-character fiction setting the game world. No charts and tables. No sidebars of explanations and optional rules. Just one sentence of explanation for the High Concept of the PDF, then bullet points.
High Concept: Seven feats designed to augment the options and utility of shamans from The Genius Guide to the Shaman. If shamans aren’t used in your game, these feats can instead be used by classes that have the shaman class name or archtype, with any feats that grant bonuses to spirit companions applied instead to animal companions or cohorts.
Note: For the purposes of the feats below, a spirit is any creature with the incorporeal subtype.
The seven feats included are:
- Ghost Sight: Spirits cannot hide from your attacks.
- Rebuke Spirit: Focusing your anger, you can damage all spirits around you.
- Spirit of the Ancestors: You have a spiritual tie to a great shaman from the past and the spirit totem they were allied with.
- Spirit of Retribution: As a final act of vengeance, your spirit companion deals damage to the enemy that destroyed it.
- Spiritual Blessing: Your connection with the spirits allows you to bolster nearby allies.
- Spiritual Eyes: Your spirit companion grants you superior perception.
- Strength of the Spirits: Your tie to the spirits around you can strengthen your mind and willpower against hostile magics.