Into the Breach: The Alchemist
Into the Breach is a series of crunch-focused books intended to expand the options available to the base classes (the alchemist, cavalier, gunslinger, inquisitor, magus, oracle, summoner, and witch).
For the seventh book in our Into the Breach line we are focusing on the Alchemist. The class that answers the question what if a mad scientist had magic. We've expanded the content in a variety of wonderful ways.
With 9 new archetypes, 2 prestige classes, new discoveries, and (thanks to the botanist) a bunch of new plant companions. Here is a sampling of what you'll find...
- Academician: knowledge is power, in this case that knowledge is literally explosive. Make your bombs into traps and drink potions that grant new insights and discovery.
- Botanist: and you though Poison Ivy was a druid! Plant companion and home grown thorn bombs along with lots of other plant based goodies (this one alone is worth the price of entry.)
- Humoralist: brave souls that intentionally alter their body chemistry to create and harness a connection to the elemental planes.
- Kiln Crafter: you'll never loot at the potter's wheel the same way again! From shattering disposable ceramic blades into a foe to creating a terracotta golem to protect you.
- Natural Transmuter: The hook for this is crating traps for an enemies spells to alter and use against them.
- Pyrotechnician: Katy Perry eat your heart out! If you ever wanted to make things go boom in a pretty way this is for you.
- Supplimentum: alchemy combines with even more alchemy.
- Venom Bomber: a poison based character for the bold in your face poisoner.
- Viscous Arcanist: these guys are oozing with coolness, and by that I mean they delivery their formulae via ooze.
New Prestige Classes
- Banechemist: takes knowing your foe to a new level, marrying ranger elements with alchemy.
- Exochemist: An alchemist mixed with summoner, 'nuff said.
Plus new discoveries and plant companions!