The QAD (Quick-and-Dirty) series from Avenger Enterprises presents an array of game resources which can be used with QADVentures or as a supplement to any other rules set.
The QAD system is, as the name suggests, all about rapidly creating in-game resources without slowing down play or requiring endless mathematical calculations. QADVerse is a 'worldbuilding' book for people who want to get on with playing a game.
It answers the questions that space adventurers tend to ask, like:
- What are the nearest star systems
- Which ones have habitable planets?
- How many people live there?
- Do they have a spaceport?
- What sort of technology do they have?
- What sort of society can we expect to encounter?
QADVerse contains everything necessary to create a region of space and to populate it with interesting and plausible societies. It presents quick and simple methods to create a plausible star system, to determine who lives there, and to define their society and to rate its technological capabilities, all in the sort of terms that a game needs.