Weekly Wonders - Perilous Oozes
There’s Always Room for More Oozes!
Slimes, jellies, and oozes make for exciting and terrifying monsters, simultaneously strange and alien, with their viscous and gelatinous anatomy, and familiar, at least to anyone who’s ever had a bowl of pudding. Sadly, as fun as oozes are, they’re in relatively short supply: in the first four Pathfinder Bestiaries, there are only 25 total oozes, and only five with a CR higher than 10. This book presents a selection of five exciting new oozes, ranging from CR 4 to 20. Inside, you’ll find:
- The black bubbler, a CR 20 Gargantuan ooze that can release a variety of noxious bubbles that produce supernatural effects.
- The dancing death, a CR 8 Huge ooze whose spasmodic quivering causes it to act seemingly at random, and which becomes even more powerful when it splits in two.
- The murder mud, a CR 4 Large ooze that can harden itself to a more solid consistency, or transmute those it grapples into statues.
- The ocean gel, a CR 16 Colossal ooze which is truly massive, well beyond the size of most Colossal creatures, and can create deadly vortexes within its body.
- The possession ooze, a CR 12 Medium ooze which is not only intelligent, it can dive inside the bodies of other creatures and control them from the inside.