#1 With a Bullet Point: 5 Magic Diseases
Sometimes rules supplements read like the world-setting bible of frustrated novelists. While solid world- building is a useful skill, you don't always need four paragraphs of flavor text to tell you swords are cool, magic is power, shadows are scary, and orcs are savage. Sometimes a GM doesn't have time to slog through a page of history for every magic weapon. Sometimes all that's needed are a few cool ideas, with just enough information to use them in a game. Sometimes, all you need are bullet points.
#1 With A Bullet Point is a line of very short, cheap PDFs each of which gives the bare bones of a set of related options. It may be five spells, six feats, eight magic weapon special abilities, or any other short set of related rules we can cram into about a page. Short and simple, these PDFs are for GMs and players who know how to integrate new ideas into their campaigns without any hand-holding, and just need fresh ideas and the rules to support them. No in-character fiction setting the game world. No charts and tables. No sidebars of explanations and optional rules. Just one sentence of explanation for the High Concept of the PDF, then bullet points.
High Concept: Five new magic diseases, designed to drive plots, spice up encounters, and remind players that they live in a world where the black death is not the worst fate you can suffer (and provide some magic diseases with DCs high enough to threaten characters in the upper levels of the game).
- Ashenblood:This arcane disease slowly destroys the body of the victim as it turns them into a fire elemental.
- Barrow Plague: Those suffering from this disease are especially susceptible to the effects of necromancy, while those who die from it return as corporeal undead.
- Fury Fever: Victims of this disease are filled with rage, attacking anyone who is not a carrier.
- Green Guts:Subjects of this disease vomit up strange green slime.
- Spellblains:Anyone suffering from this disease find it harder to prepare their own spells or resist the spells of others.