#1 with a Bullet Point: 6 Antimagic Field Feats
Sometimes rules supplements read like the world-setting bible of frustrated novelists. While solid world- building is a useful skill, you don’t always need four paragraphs of flavor text to tell you swords are cool, magic is power, shadows are scary, and orcs are savage. Sometimes a GM doesn’t have time to slog through a page of history for every magic weapon. Sometimes all that’s needed are a few cool ideas, with just enough information to use them in a game. Sometimes, all you need are bullet points.
#1 With A Bullet Point is a line of very short, cheap PDFs each of which gives the bare bones of a set of related options. It may be five spells, six feats, eight magic weapon special abilities, or any other short set of related rules we can cram into about a page. Short and simple, these PDFs are for GMs and players who know how to integrate new ideas into their campaigns without any hand-holding, and just need fresh ideas and the rules to support them. No in-character fiction setting the game world. No charts and tables. No sidebars of explanations and optional rules. Just one sentence of explanation for the High Concept of the PDF, then bullet points.
The High Concept: Feats that expand the function, utility, and tactical options available to casters who take the iconic antimagic field spell (and a selection of other spells with emanations centered on the caster and a duration greater than instantaneous or that work against magic effects).
The six feats included are:
- Alarm Field: Your can add additional minor effects to your antimagic field.
- Anchored Field: Through the use of special rituals and crystals, you can tie an antimagic field (and some other emanations) to a location rather than center it on yourself.
- Antischool Specialization: You can block or dispel just a single form of magic.
- Conditional Field: You can set your antimagic field to be automatically suspended under specific conditions.
- Suspend Field: You can temporarily suspend the effects of an antimagic field you have cast.
- Wall Emanation: You can turn your antimagic field into a wall.